cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnorris135
Helper IV
Helper IV

Updating Date field to TODAY

I am trying to update a field (Date) to TODAY's date.  How do i accomplish this thru Power Automate.  I am using the Update Item with a field called "Audit Date" which again will be TODAY's date once the trigger condition is met.

3 REPLIES 3
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@cnorris135 here is the expression for setting today's date : 

formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd') /*gets formats UTC*/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

I received this error:

Flow save failed with code 'OpenApiOperationParameterValidationFailed' and message 'Input parameter 'item' validation failed in workflow operation 'Update_item': The parameter with value '"formatDateTime(utcNow(),'MM-dd-yyyy')"' in path 'item/AuditDate' with type/format 'String' is not convertible to type/format 'String/date'.'.

@cnorris135 please Share your update item action screen and Audit column expression. Also check your SharePoint Audit column type.

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution!

Regards,
Hardesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,227)