cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bwalya

Updating Excel from power automate

Hi guys,

i am trying to update a particular cell in a row in excel form a response a get from MS Forms but i keep getting the error below:

The form collects vehicle details for insurance cover, i want the value summitted on the form to be updated in a cell where the calculator is.

Bwalya_0-1662385521583.png

Bwalya_1-1662385567625.png

2 REPLIES 2
manuelstgomes
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Bwalya 

You need to get the information from the Forms using the "Get Forms Details" action. That action contains the values from each element of the form.

After that, you can use Excel's "Update a cell" action  to update Excel.

I don't think you need the Apply to Each since Flow will trigger per answer submitted in the Form, but it also depends on the values in the Form.

Cheers
Manuel

------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution." It will help other members find the solution faster. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ?
Otherwise, reply to it, and the community will do its best to help you.

Bwalya

Hi thank you for that but I’m still getting an error. Its like the update cell need to wait a bit for Forms table to update.

Bwalya_0-1662462148009.png

Bwalya_1-1662462148013.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,327)