cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewJakale
Level: Powered On

Updating Sharepoint list value when date of the day corresponds to a date stored in another Sharepoint List with FLOW

Hello,

I'm pretty new to Flow and have really no idea where to start with this one.

Basically I'm using the "Leave Request" App on Powerapps (which i customise to use with Sharepoint), let's say Employee A has 15 vacation days credit and he took 3 days (17th to 20th)  of planned vacation on the app which leaves him with 12 "unofficial" credits. At the end of his 3 days (which correspond to 3 "planned" credits) of vacation (on the 20th) his "official "vacation days credit will be updated by another flow to 12 "official" credits ("unoficial" credits basically are "official" credits minus "planned" credits).  This would then bring his credits down to 9 (since the "planned credits haven't been deducted)

The credits are placed in SP list "VacCredit" (contains name of employee, "official" credit balance, "planned" credit balance) but "planned" credits also stored in "VacRequest" (which contains name of employee, approval,start and end dates, and total days or "planned" credits). Both of the sharepoint lists are in the same site.

What I would love to do would be that on the end date (in VacRequest) of employee A's vacation the  Flow would simply set to 0 the "planned" credits field in the VacCredit which correspond to Employee A.

If you have any tips, tutorial on how to do a part of it this would be of great help, this is my last project before I leave my company so I would love to get it done.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Updating Sharepoint list value when date of the day corresponds to a date stored in another Sharepoint List with FLOW

Hi @NewJakale ,

It seems that you would like to update Planned to 0 on the end of employee’s vocation date?

Please try if the following workaround will work for you.

Add the Recurrence trigger.

Get items from VacRequest list, use Filter query field to get items that end date equals to Today.

Then get items from VacCredit, add a Condition or use Filter query field to filter out corresponding employee, the condition should be configured as employee name from VacRequest equals to employee name from VacCredit.

Then add action Update item to update the Planned to 0.

Please take a try with it on your side.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Updating Sharepoint list value when date of the day corresponds to a date stored in another Sharepoint List with FLOW

Hi @NewJakale ,

It seems that you would like to update Planned to 0 on the end of employee’s vocation date?

Please try if the following workaround will work for you.

Add the Recurrence trigger.

Get items from VacRequest list, use Filter query field to get items that end date equals to Today.

Then get items from VacCredit, add a Condition or use Filter query field to filter out corresponding employee, the condition should be configured as employee name from VacRequest equals to employee name from VacCredit.

Then add action Update item to update the Planned to 0.

Please take a try with it on your side.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

NewJakale
Level: Powered On

Thank you, this was a great starting pointwhere I built upon to be able to do what I needed!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (2,612)