cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Updating a Dynamics record's Business Process with Power Automate/Flow

I am having no luck in figuring out how to update the Business Process for a particular Dynamics record, based on the contents of a particular field within that record.

Specifically, I have a field called SCHOOL, which is a defined option set (e.g. CU Academy, College, Graduate, etc.); based on the contents of this field I want to automate the setting of the Business Process during record creation or update, as there is a specific workflow for recruiting and admissions based on that records school of interest.

After a number of attempts, I have not been able to figure out or find a great source of instruction for creating a working FLOW/POWER AUTOMATE snippet for making this happen. I keep getting tripped-up by things like field requests for RECORD ID and the like, not finding the process very intuitive.

Sure it will all make sense once I have done it once, but I need help!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Updating a Dynamics record's Business Process with Power Automate/Flow

I am sure there is a way to do this. Let me spend a bit of time tomorrow finding a solution for you 🙂

Highlighted

Re: Updating a Dynamics record's Business Process with Power Automate/Flow

Just checking to see if you had come-up with any thoughts on my efforts to update the Business process based on a particular field setting in a record?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,262)