cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Updating excel row

Hi everyone, 

I have a timesheet tracker of sorts. Users can clock-in and out (also lunch in and out) via manually triggered button. All ins and outs are recorded on SharePoint list. I have a separate excel online sheet that gets updated based on previous SharePoint list entries. 

The current set up properly records all SP list entries to excel BUT I cannot figure out how to make it so that if a person records an entry other than "clock-in" my excel table to update the action and the time on the previous "clock-in" record" rather than to override it completely. I was thinking of some condition such as " if date is same, and person name is same, and previous action is already equal to "clock-in" then grab that new "clock-out"(or lunch-out or lunch-in) action and time and update it on the the same daily clock-in record. That way i can calculate daily hours worked. See below for screenshots.

01 - Manually Trigger a Flow01 - Manually Trigger a Flow02 - Create an item02 - Create an item03 - When an item is created or modified03 - When an item is created or modified04 - List rows present in a table04 - List rows present in a table05 - Filter Array05 - Filter Array06 - Condition06 - Condition07 - Yes(No) Result07 - Yes(No) Result08 - Weekly Payroll Table08 - Weekly Payroll Table

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @P00118510 ,

It seems you can try to calculate the intermediate time difference after check-in and check out, and both are added to the working hours of the day.

But the difficulty is how to calculate the time difference. In fact, the best thing is that there is a record of the actual work in the OA system, and then it can be directly obtained.

The calculation of time difference in MS Flow is not particularly friendly at present, especially the time stored in the Excel table. The value displayed in Flow is number, which is not conducive to calculation.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (5,944)