cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuGadgil

Upload Excel data into SQL SERVER using powerautomate (does not load all rows)

Hello everyone,

I am new to Powerautomate.

I need to upload Excel data into a table on SQL SERVER.

I could create a flow with two step
1) List rows from Excel table
2) insert into SQL server

but it stopped after loading less than 100 rows. 

I need to load at least 8000 rows and the number of rows will grow each month.

I tried to update the setting for List rows ( to pull 10000 rows, enabled pagination)

but it does not load all records.

In addition how do I upload data in bulk to make it faster?

-Su

2 REPLIES 2
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@SuGadgil ,

Unfortunately, I don't think that you will be manage to retrieve more than 5000 items with only one Excel - List rows from a table action, so the best way is to somehow split the Excel table info using Filter Query option from this action in more than one part and execute repeated  Excel - List rows from a table action.

To make the insert in SQL faster, use an Apply to each action with the concurrency option set as you need (maximum 50 parallel actions) and inside it a SQL Insert row action. This will speed up the write process to SQL table. 

Hope it helps !

SuGadgil

Hello Gabibalaban,

so I need to read 5000 rows at a time (using list rows from table) and then for each of those, apply insert into db with concurrency of 50 or less.

let me try that.

-Su

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (2,835)