cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darknight123
Helper I
Helper I

Upload folders in custom orientation

Is the a way to keep this order but without the number? I want "General Submission Form" first etc. 

Screenshot (11).png

3 REPLIES 3
MarvinBangert
Super User
Super User

Hey @darknight123 

keep this order to do what or in where? Within your flow this order should stay the same, if you want to create these as a folder within SharePoint, SharePoint has its own sorting usually based on the name of an item, same in OneDrive for Business. In SharePoint you could consider using the default "ID" column to sort your items, when they are created in the exact right order.

Does this help you? Otherwise please give me some more information.

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Blog: Cloudkumpel

Sorry. Its for a create new folder action for a sharepoint library.

MarvinBangert
Super User
Super User

Thanks for your feedback, so as already said: within Power Automate it will stay in this order, but in SharePoint usually the sorting is based on the field "Name", but the folders will be created in the exact same order you entered it, so you could use the Internal field ID (which is unique and an inceasing number) to sort your folders always in this order. But you need to be aware, if you want to add another folder somewhere in between, this sorting doesn't work anymore.

Does this help you? Otherwise please give me some more information.

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Blog: Cloudkumpel

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Users online (3,442)