cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbutterz
Level: Powered On

Use Flow to create Forms survey response files

I want to generate a report file for each response of a survey submission and save it in a SharePoint library.

So there would be a separate file for every submitted survey. I can’t seem to find the best way to do this - it’s not possible in Flow to crate a new excel spreadsheet for example.

And when I tried doing it as a SharePoint list item it wouldn’t show the questions in the Dynamic Content list for the survey.

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mbutterz

Re: Use Flow to create Forms survey response files

Thanks for you help - however it seems it's not viable to autogenerate a PDF from a response in Forms using Flow.

Therefore i'm using a more advanced online forms system to do what I need.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @mbutterz 

You could try creating an HTML table in flow from the responses and then create a temporary HTML file and convert this to a pdf file and then finally delete the HTML file from the library.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mbutterz ,

If you want to generate a report file for each response of a survey submission, please consider using Word document instead of Excel file.

When using Word document, we could upload a word template in the library first, then populate the word template with form responses, creating a new file in the destination library.

I have set up a flow likes below for your reference:

1.PNG

Besides, about how to generate word documents in your flow, please check the blog at here:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/generate-word-documents-in-your-flows/

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mbutterz

We only have the basic Flow licence so can't use the Word business connection.
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@mbutterz 

Yes. I have posted a method over here: 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/Autocrat-function/m-p/319778#M7909

This does not involve creatign word files and the process is a bit lengthy but it works as expected. 

Please check and let us know if this works for you.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

mbutterz

Thanks for you help - however it seems it's not viable to autogenerate a PDF from a response in Forms using Flow.

Therefore i'm using a more advanced online forms system to do what I need.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 363 members 5,781 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: