cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use Get a Row function to send emails

Hello,

I am trying to create a Flow to send an email to a specific address based on content within an email subject.

For example, if the email subject is "K800_ABCD" the email will be forwarded to an email address associated with K800.

I have an excel sheet with 2 columns, one with the "name" and one with the email address.

My flow is getting stuck when trying to find the correct email address in the get a row function, because the original email subject line has more than just the name in it "K800_ABCD" vs just "K800".

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Use Get a Row function to send emails

Hi @Anonymous 

You can do this: Get the email subject in a variable and then use the function split(subject,'_') and this will split the string on the '_'. now you can ue the first(array) function to get the first element of the array that was created by splitting the subject. You can use that to identify the row and get the email address. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,466)