cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ValVaca
Microsoft
Microsoft

Use Information from one SPO List to create Approval Process When a new Item is Created in a different SPO List

Hi All, 

I'm working on an approval process in Power Automate (Flow). I've run into an issue on the flow. Here is the Process: 

3 Different SPO Lists are used 

1. SPO List #1 is an input form for users to choose which sports game they want to belong to. Here they choose a Team and which Manager they belong to. Both the Team and Manager column are the CHOICE COLUMN. 

2. When the item is submitted it will kick off the flow. The Flow's first step is an approval process. Based on the Team the user choose in SPO LIST #1 then we will use SPO LIST #2 to get that teams manager. SPO List #2 contains all the teams with a manager. The manager is the people column. 

So the team from SPO LIST #1 will match an item in SPO List #2 where we will get the manager email and send the approval to them. 

3. Once that approval is ready, then SPO LIST #3 comes. SPO LIST #3 contains another set of approvals and their emails. Based on  a column in SPO List #1 (Manager Column) It will go into SPO List #3 and pull that items information and send the Approval to the user. 

I'm having issues with the GET ITEM option. It will fail and not send to the user. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
manuelstgomes
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @ValVaca 

The "Get Item" requires a valid ID for the element in that SharePoint list. Where are you getting the ID? Probably you picked an ID from another List and it's trying to fetch something that doesn't exist on the other list.

I need more details to go on but, reading your initial post, I think this might be your issue.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuelv

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ValVaca ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

manuelstgomes
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @ValVaca 

The "Get Item" requires a valid ID for the element in that SharePoint list. Where are you getting the ID? Probably you picked an ID from another List and it's trying to fetch something that doesn't exist on the other list.

I need more details to go on but, reading your initial post, I think this might be your issue.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuelv

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,486)