cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ProCloudNorAs
Regular Visitor

Use personal birthday from Office 365/Delve to activate a Flow

Hi,

On every user card in Delve, we can add their personal birthday. Can that be used to trigger a Flow, like post a Messge to Teams?

Attaching screenshot from Teams.

Best Regards

- Geirdelve bday.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
AlanPs1
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @ProCloudNorAs , thank you for your post.

Whilst there is no Delve connector, there is an Office 365, Azure AD & Office 365 Groups connector.

Below I have used "Get user profile (V2)" from Office 365 connector and it pulls back my birthday when populated in Delve.Capture-377.pngSo you can access the birthday in this way. The year seems to default to 2000 although in Delve, you are only setting Month and Day of your birthday so this should do the trick.

If you want to get the data for all user perhaps look at pulling an "all users group" from "Office 365 Groups" and doing it that way.

If you have found my post helpful, please mark thumbs up.

Any other questions, just ask.

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Thank You Alan,

Not sure if it solves my problem. I have to check and test. What I would like to was to have birthdays postings automatically When someone has birhtday, kind of like birthdays at Facebook.

It would also be nice to post a Mesage automatically when a New user is added to Office 365. To inform about the new colleague.

Best Regards

- Geir

Hi @ProCloudNorAs  (Geir).

Here is a process that I have adapted and posted in my blog which I am sure acheive what you are looking for.

https://www.alanps1.io/power-platform/flow/flow-send-a-happy-birthday-email-message-to-everyone-in-y...

Full details are on there and I hope it meets your needs. I have covered every step in detail so please let me know how you get on.

If you have found my post helpful, please mark thumbs up.

Any other questions, just ask.

Thanks, Alan

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@AlanPs1 

Do you know how you would get past the 1000 item limit on user profile query if you have more then 1000 employees?

Thanks

Jenn

AlanPs1
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @jeckard 

I haven't tested this but try using Azure AD "Get group members" perhaps. I don't think it has a limit.

capture-416.PNG

If you have found this post helpful, please mark "thumbs up".

If this solves your issue, please click "Accept as Solution"

Any questions, just ask.

Thanks, Alan

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@AlanPs1 

It also has a limit of 1000.  I was hoping to be able to filter on the azure connector but it does not appear I can do so.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,858)