cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aabrown
Level: Powered On

Using Flow for Auto-Approval

Hello,

I want to use flow to improve our Accounts Payable approvals process. My thought is that we have several monthly invoices that generally fall within certain thresholds each month, and if they do we should be able to auto-approve those invoices. If the invoice is outside the allowable threshold, we would not auto-approve the invoice but rather generate an approval for the Responsible Person to manually review. 

This is how I envision the process working. 

1. The person would enter the invoice into a List and enter the Location, Invoice Name, and Invoice Amount.
  2. Then, the Flow would consult a database or spreadsheet to match that Location and Invoice Name and find the Min Allowable Amount and Max Allowable Amount.
    1. If the Invoice Amount falls within that range, the Item is marked Approved.
    2. If the Invoice Amount is not within that range, the Item is sent to the Responsible Party (also within the database or spreadsheet) for manual review. 

Has anyone done anything like this, or do you have suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Thanks so much!

Andrea 

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Using Flow for Auto-Approval

Hey, 

This sounds fairly easy.

Trigger: When Item (or maybe file) Created

Actions ->

- Get Items (Using a query against a SharePoint List where you do your matching)

- Condition i.e. auto approval crieteria

- yes -> Update Item

- no -> Approval Action -> Update Item with Outcome

aabrown
Level: Powered On

Re: Using Flow for Auto-Approval

Thanks for the reply! 

In this scenario, would I have to set up each condition or would I be able to connect to a database to have the flow find each condition?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,774)