cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cologne_Claret
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Using Flow get People Picker details for an individual user into a SharePoint List based on email

Hi all,

I have a SharePoint list containing a few hundred contacts and I populate several fields using the Get User Profile (V2) connector to get the profile of the user whose email address is entered in one field.

Now I also have a field where I would like to display the Display Name property from the "Search For Users" O365 Users connector.

The "Search for Users" connector appears to search the entire directory for any profile where the user or any of his/her People connections, e.g. Manager and Direct Reports is entered and not just for the user whose email address I have entered in the "Search for Users" search field.

When I then take the Output and select the Display Name to be added to my Update Item, an Apply To Each is automatically added to the flow for each "Body" and the Display Name of one of the other users from the Managers or Direct Reports is entered into the list.

Has anyone else had this issue? I have had the case where the first time the Flow runs it has picked up the correct user item, and the next run it grabs the wrong user, but I've also experienced the issue on first run, otherwise I would have tried updating the field with an empty object first before updating.

Thanks

🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cologne_Claret
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

OK, I've finally discovered the answer.

I'd been going about it the wrong way, thinking that the "Search for Users" was necessary, however if you have a People Picker field then all you have to do to populate is copy the text from the email address field into the People Picker field and "hey presto!".

The "Search for Users" therefore appears good, if you want to grab information on associates of a user (manager and direct reports), but if you only need to have the details of the individual, then just write the email address to the PP field.

🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Cologne_Claret
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

OK, I've finally discovered the answer.

I'd been going about it the wrong way, thinking that the "Search for Users" was necessary, however if you have a People Picker field then all you have to do to populate is copy the text from the email address field into the People Picker field and "hey presto!".

The "Search for Users" therefore appears good, if you want to grab information on associates of a user (manager and direct reports), but if you only need to have the details of the individual, then just write the email address to the PP field.

🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,088)