cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Using Flow to Move Sharepoint Calendar Item

I am looking for some help with moving an item from one sharepoint calendar to another.  I have it working the way I would expect, except for when the item is a recurring event or an all day event.  It seems like the flow is taking the original event and moving that but not the repeating events.  I do not see a way that I can pull the information from the item to determine if the item is a recurring item or not.  Any thoughts or ideas on how I can make this work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Using Flow to Move Sharepoint Calendar Item

@NWEASD 

To the best of my knowledge, you cannot create repeating events or all day events in a SharePoint calendar using the SharePoint actions in Flow.  I believe that you can get there by using the Send n HTTP request to SharePoint and calling the SharePoint API.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@NWEASD 

To the best of my knowledge, you cannot create repeating events or all day events in a SharePoint calendar using the SharePoint actions in Flow.  I believe that you can get there by using the Send n HTTP request to SharePoint and calling the SharePoint API.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Scott,

Thank you for your answer. 

I have been working with the send an http request command and I can now determine if the event I am working with is a recurring event.  When I create the event on the new calendar and go to update the recurrence tag I am getting an ETag is not valid Error 412.  Any thoughts on how I can fix this?FailedETag.PNG  The ID is pulling the ID from the item that was created right before this command is being run.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Update:

I was able to determing if the Sharepoint Item was a recurring event or an all day event using the Send an HTTP request to Sharepoint.  This still did not tell me the recurrance however.  It returned a "true" or "false" value.  Since then we have decided instead of having the item move calendars via create/delete commands, to use the categories to our benefit and apply overlays based on the category field.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

@NWEASD 

Can you share your flow on the move calendar item?  I am trying to archive my calendar items and using the "move file' & I came across this error:

Missing or mismatched field definition on the destination list for source field '_dlc_ExpireDate' type 'DateTime'. Source site template id 'TeamCollaborationSite', target site template id 'TeamCollaborationSite'. 

This is not a field that was created by me.  Seems like it's in the header. Did  you recall getting this error?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

We did not receive this error.  I do not actually have the items moving calendars at this point.  What we ending up doing was filling in a different field and using filters on the front end to only show if the field was populated.  Sorry I cannot help any further than that. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,759)