cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandraAkujobi
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Using Flow to join lists

I changed the layout of my timesheet list because I wasn't able to collect weekly entries in bulks. So now in the new (Image 1), so all the days of the week in a column of it's own with an activity and contract columns, so that all inputs for the week will be in one row. Now the issue is that an employee can have multiple entries in a day, but with the way the list is formatted it's looks impossible to add more than one activity, but with this format it's easier to send out the weekly activities in one bulk, that's where my dilemma lies in, is there any advice that could help solve this problem.

Screenshot (113).png

I was given the idea to not use one list to capture daily/weekly entries. That it would be better to break the list and change the functionality for sending the weekly reminders and that to use Power Automate to join the lists and send the weekly reminders.

How would that be able to work and how would I come about it. With the SharePoint list would I have to create a list determining the day or what and in regards to suing flow how would I join to list to send out weekly entries.

1 REPLY 1
Jcook
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @SandraAkujobi 

Have you tried / thought about having a separate list for Employees. The Employees list can be a lookup table to the first table.

Or maybe the Lookup table be Activities. So you could have multiple activities per employee.

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (66,119)