cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottJM
Level: Powered On

Using Flow to submit approvals via Teams not emails. Flow tabs in teams does not show approvals.

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a flow that will allow me to accept/reject approvals using teams. unfortunately the Flow Tab does not show the approvals page so after some digging around i thought about using the "Send a message to a user with a choice" option except when i chose an option i got an "Unexpected Error" and do not know how to make this work. Anyone done something similar or have any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Re: Using Flow to submit approvals via Teams not emails. Flow tabs in teams does not show approvals.

@ScottJM - Hi there!

So, maybe check out adaptive cards.  I haven't used them for this exact scenario, but it seems like it might work...but rather than posting an array of information, maybe you toss up a single card with 2 buttons and each sends a different response to your approval Flow.  There are some templates here.

Another thing I've seen, is chatbots like atbot manage this pretty well.  They track a Reply ID (or something like that) to keep the conversation thread.

Just a couple of ideas, keep us posted.

-Ed-

Super User
Super User

Re: Using Flow to submit approvals via Teams not emails. Flow tabs in teams does not show approvals.

Can you show us a screen shot of the error?

The send email with options should certainly work.

- Mark
ScottJM

14-06-2019 09-29-41.png

Anytime I choose something i get the same error.

Super User
Super User

Did you start this Flow from a template or from a Blank Flow?

ScottJM

I used a template but when using Flow on the browser it only appears under the Team Flows?

Super User
Super User

Based on you getting an error at that point, can you try to rebuild the Flow from a Blank template and see if you still get the error? I have seen something similar to this before when creating from a Template.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 173 members 5,899 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: