cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
randalloglesby
Level: Powered On

Using Forms to create an Outlook event at a specific time

I'm trying to use a form that will create a calendar event and invite people to join it, but I'm not seeing any great options in Forms. 

From forms, you can select a date, but can't select a time. Is there a way around this?

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Using Forms to create an Outlook event at a specific time

Hi @randalloglesby,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Could you please show more details about the Forms that you mentioned? Is it the Microsoft Forms?

If the Forms that you mentioned is the Microsoft Forms, I think your thought is correct, we could only select a date from Microsoft Forms. If you want to select a time from Microsoft Forms, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs currently.

You could consider take a try to manually type a time and concatenate it with the date that you select from your Microsoft Forms. I assume that you want to create a an Outlook event at 04/28/2018 6:00 AM, I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:8.JPG

Within Inputs field of Compose action, type the following formula:

concat(body('Get_response_details')?['rc787195479ff44329dd91fb703b380a8'],'T06:00:00Z')

Note: The body('Get_response_details')?['rc787195479ff44329dd91fb703b380a8'] expression represents the answer to the Date question in my Microsoft Forms. You could consider select the concat() expression within the expression formula box firstly, then select the Dynamic content tab and simply click the answer of Date question dynamic content of the "Get response details" action. The '06:00:00' represents time part, you could custom it on your side, for example, you want to create an event at 4:35 PM, the time part would be 16:35:00.

Within Start time field of the "Create event (V2)" action, type the output of the "Compose" action.

The flow works successfully as below:9.JPG

10.JPG

More details about using expression in flow actions, please check the following article:

Use expression in flow actions

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
randalloglesby

Yes, I'm using Microsoft Forms. I've found a way to force it into the right date/time format by using the date/time converter.

I've got it set up now to create a calendar event, but I'd like to make sure an email goes out an hour before the event starts. Can I delay the delivery of a notification or email?

Capture.JPG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @randalloglesby,

Do you want to delay the delivery of a notification or email within your flow?

If you want to delay the delivery of a notification or email within your flow, I think the "Delay" action could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:5.JPG

Within Delay action, Count set to 1 and Unit set to Hour.

More details about the Delay action, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/run-scheduled-tasks

Best regards,

kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Komaste_2

I want to create an event at a specific time on a specific day and end at a specific time. There is an error coming up and i cannot get passed it.

@v-xida-msft 

@randalloglesby

This is the flow 

Flow

This is the error that i am getting

Error

Huh
Level: Power Up

@randalloglesby

Did you have any issues with what times the events displayed on the calendar? I placed a 'Convert Time Zone' action for the start time and another one for the end time. The flow runs, but when it creates the event on the SP, it shows it 8 hours earlier than what I put in the form. It does this for both the start time and the end time. I went into the flow and tried adjusting the time zones (just to see what happened) and it still showed the events 8 hours earlier than the times I entered. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,965)