cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rackhay
Frequent Visitor

Using GUID Reference receiving 'Resource not found for the segment'

I have a regular email send set to go out using Click Dimensions.

Using CDS Current Environment, there's a timer trigger, find the type of customer, and then send 15+ different emails depending on the customer segment.

I'm creating an Email Send and directly referencing the Email Template to be used to avoid another lookup step.

However its failing on a 'resource not found for the segment' error'

Based on my reading around here and online, i have to reference the entity directly because of the Current Environment limitations.

I think i'm still screwing up the syntax somehow after a few different variants.

What am I missing for this to work when directly using the GUID?

Annotation 2020-08-20 103905.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
GarryPope
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hello @rackhay,

Have you had any luck fixing this yet? What I've found works for me is that I don't put the / at the beginning of the expression, and I make the entity plural. So instead of Account it needs to be Accounts. Instead of Opportunity it needs to be Opportunities.

In your case I would write it like this, although I've never used Click Dimensions: 

cdi_emailtemplates/(GUID) 

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Garry

That was pretty much it, use the plural and drop the /

I was pointed to the Odata service route url to sanity check the entity names, will be using that or FetchXRM to sanity check in future

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,642)