Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinimedina91
Helper I
Helper I

Using Outlook Creating Event with SharePoint list

Hello,

I have a list on SharePoint that contains the implementation windows for my system per month as below:

MonthPre-productionProduction

Feb      | 21/02/2021       | 28/02/2021

Mar     | 14/03/2021       | 21/03/2021

Although on the list I just have the Sunday date, I have systems being updated on Saturday as well.

I have System A and System B that are not present on the SharePoint list (I'm planning to create a flow for each system and each environment since they happen on the same time but different dates).

So let's say I have the implementation window as below (March as reference):

System A - PREPROD   14/03/2021 14:00 (Sunday, date present in SharePoint list)

System A - PROD -       21/03/2021  20:00 (Sunday, date present in SharePoint list)

System B - PREPROD   13/03/2021 14:00 (Saturday, date not present in SharePoint list)

System B - PROD -         20/02/2021  20:00 (Saturday, date not present in SharePoint list)

I'm trying to use the Outlook Create an Event function on Power Automate to send appointments to people's calendar based on the implementation we have for the month. So for System A, I'd like to send an appoitment for Sunday (note that for every month the date will change but the time will be the same) and I'd like to do the same for System B using the SharePoint date -1 (so we can have the appointment for Saturday).

Is it possible to be achieved? I saw that on Start and End date for Create and Event there are some functions you can use, but I have no clue how can I write that. This is the first time I'm trying to use this function.

2 REPLIES 2
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@vinimedina91 Yes you can create automation for such scenario.

before using create event action, please create one more column in your SharePoint list for End Date and time.

Hardesh15_0-1613571609210.png

Here i am converting Meeting start and end date time according to my time zone.

Hardesh15_1-1613571687298.png

Let me know if you face any challenge here.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh

vinimedina91
Helper I
Helper I

Hello @Hardesh15 thanks for the feedback and sorry for the late reply.

My problem is that I don't have the time on my sharepoint list (even for the start), only the date. I have 6 systems that happens on the same weekend but in different time. So I would need one entry for each system?

I just have the Sunday on my list and I'd like to send the invite for Saturday and Sunday on different timings of each system.

Edit: the idea would to have one flow per system with the date as variable (retrieving date from SharePoint) and the time fixed on the flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,823)