cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MW1234

Using Power Automate through on-premise Gateway to detect file changed event to trigger load - Cannot see gateway in connection

Hi,

about 12 months ago we setup a Flow that detected a file change through our on-premise gateway (originally setup for Power BI). This worked fine.

About 6-8 months ago this stopped working and we did not get a chance to troubleshoot. We have now had a chance to troubleshoot and also we would like to do more of these now but are having problems. Currently we do not have a solution to this problem.

Issue is:

When we create a new flow we

1. Name it

2. Select trigger as "When a file is added or modified"

3. Add a connection in the file system node by clicking on the three dots

4. Enter information.

Then we hit a problem. When we try to select a gateway we cannot see any. We use to be able to 6-8 months ago...now we cannot. Has something changed on the service?

This gateway however works fine for connecting BI service to databases etc.  to pull data from  our on-premise systems.

I did notice on the gateway sometime in the last few months that it has a "Power Automate" area and it appears to be in SE Asia rather than our default which I assume is in Australia. I cannot see any option to adjust this.

Could this be the reason we cannot see the gateway in Power Automate?

MW1234_0-1595399417874.png

If this is the reason are we able to fix this?

If this is not the reason are there some things we can do to further troubleshoot or fix this issue?

thanks for your help

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (43,030)