cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkDan

Using Power Automate to copy an Excel Range to the body of an email

I have a Flow that takes data from a MS Form and puts it into an Excel table. Within Excel there is another worksheet set out as a Form which looks up the latest set of data to display it as a more user friendly Form. I want the flow to be extended so that after writing the new data to the file it copies the fixed Range of the Form (including format) and pastes this into an Outlook email body to send (can paste as a picture or as cells).

I cannot work out how to do this. Would any one be able to help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@MarkDan 

I don't believe that you can do exactly what you want in the way that you have described using Power Automate.  However, you might consider having Power Automate find the data that you want in your Excel table.  Then insert that data into a formatted email.  Here is a link to documentation on formatting emails.

The primary issue that you have is that Power Automate will only deal with Excel tables - it is not range aware.  In addition, there is no way to copy/paste anything including formatting.  You'll need to access the data that you want, insert it into an email and format the email.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@MarkDan 

I don't believe that you can do exactly what you want in the way that you have described using Power Automate.  However, you might consider having Power Automate find the data that you want in your Excel table.  Then insert that data into a formatted email.  Here is a link to documentation on formatting emails.

The primary issue that you have is that Power Automate will only deal with Excel tables - it is not range aware.  In addition, there is no way to copy/paste anything including formatting.  You'll need to access the data that you want, insert it into an email and format the email.

Scott
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@MarkDan 

Scott
MarkDan

Thanks for the tips once again 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,359)