cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveT365
Frequent Visitor

Using PowerAutomate to create modern SPO pages

Hi Guys,  I'll keep it simple. 

I am looking to use Power Automate to automatically create SPO pages in the Site Pages library. Is this possible via Power Automate and the create item action?  Here are my steps.

1. I have a custom list with a custom content type called New Page Request. Various site columns such as Document Owner, Document Editor (People Fields), Department, Document Type, Approval Status (Choice fields).

2. When a new item is added to the list it routes an email to an approval group. 

3. Approver then either approves or rejects. 

4. Approval status in list is set to outcome of either Approved or rejected on list item. 

5. If approved I would like to automatically create a page in site pages library using a custom content type and simple page template I have created in the site pages library. 

6. If rejected it simply sends an email back to original requester. 

Does the "Create Item" action in Power Automate support pages as well as standard list items?  If not then can you give me some guidance on how I can achieve this - I don't see any actions regarding pages at all in Power Automate. 

Many thanks 

Steve

4 REPLIES 4
yashkamdar
Super User II
Super User II

Hello Team,

This is absolutely possible, let me share you a reference article that I used previously to cater a similar requirement.

Blog post - http://www.sites.se/2018/08/sharepoint-modern-pages-microsoft-flow/

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Ah OK so we need to use a change of tact using HTTP call and REST API rather then just the create item action. 

I will follow your post and once have it working make as solution. 

Thanks for the quick response! 🙂 

Hello Steve,

@SteveT365 wrote:

Ah OK so we need to use a change of tact using HTTP call and REST API rather then just the create item action. 

I will follow your post and once have it working make as solution. 

Thanks for the quick response! 🙂 

Yepp spot on !!!

No problem, give this a try and best of luck, i hope this works for you. If you get stuck feel free to let me know about it.

Hi Yashkamdar, 

I have been following the article closely, however I am running in to issues on the following: 

Step 6. HTTP Request to save the rich text content

I have added the HTTP Request Save Page Content - collected the blob from the page template using developer tools and entered all fields as shown in the article. See screen shot below of my configuration: 

1.PNG2.PNG

However my workflow hangs on this particular step and eventually times out and gives the following message: 

3.PNG

Any ideas what is going on here? 

I can confirm that my page is created, the properties are also being populated in the page properties web parts I have added to the page also. One thing I also notice is that my field Supporting Notes isn't coming across to the text web part which is in the body of the page also. 

I can confirm that if I remove this step then the workflow completes without error and the page is published. However I need the save as draft version working so that content owners can review the page before publishing and visible to all staff. 

Do you have any idea as to why this is happening and any pointers for resolving? 

Thanks for your help 🙂

Steve

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,089)