Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andythefirst
Helper II
Helper II

Using a flow to move emails in Shared Inbox to Folder

Hi all,

I am trying to move emails that arrive in a shared area to a folder as they arrive but keep getting told it's a bad request.

I am using 'When a email arrives in a shared mailbox' and move email but nothing happens.

Do I need to add variables in? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Andythefirst 

Got it. So currently moving emails arrived in a shared mail box to a folder on a sahred mailbox is not supported. An idea to inlcude this is raised here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/move-email-to-folder-in-shared-mailbox-after-flow-run...

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

HI @Andythefirst 

Can you please share a screenshot of the flow? Do you have the Shared Mailbox enabled for your mailbox? Where does this folder that you are trying to move the email to exist? Can you share these details so that we can better assist you with the issue?

Hi @yashag2255 

I have access to the shared inbox and have been through the add account in outlook.

I was hoping to keep the flow simple so it looks like below.  

image001-19.png

The folders for the shared inbox are not showing though for me to move it too?

Hi @Andythefirst 

Got it. So currently moving emails arrived in a shared mail box to a folder on a sahred mailbox is not supported. An idea to inlcude this is raised here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/move-email-to-folder-in-shared-mailbox-after-flow-run...

Hope this Helps!

Thanks @yashag2255 

hopefully it will be brought in shortly 🙂

@Andythefirst 

Yep. The platform is developing continuously and enormous new features are being added regularly. 

If this question/ issue has been resolved, please mark as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, just wanted to share that I have got this working!

Where a new email is received in the Shared Mailbox, depending on my filters it will move it to the desired folder on the shared mailbox.

ShareMailboxFlow.PNG

Hi

And how did you manage to get the value as output, I only got attachments as an option to chose from.

Thanks

Clee
Frequent Visitor

Capture.JPGHi,

When I tried to assign the emails to the desired folder on the shared mailbox, the folders just wont display in Power Automate at all.  These folders are built under Inbox.  

The available choices in "Move email" flow" are those sub-folder under my personal Inbox.  

Any ideas why?

Thanks!

VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Clee,

that's by design.

If you can use  a premium connector "HTTP with Azure AD" you will be able to move emails in the shared mailbox using MS GRAPH.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.

Hi @VictorIvanidze ,

That explains it.  I don't have the premium connector, and hence it doesn't work for me.  

Thank you for the explanation.

Have a great weekend!

as it is mentioned, it is now supported and you can simply move email within shared mailbox.

despich

Ok it is possible as of 12-29-2021 anyways.. just very messy to do.  It appears it's just the Browse that is messed up As someone else mentioned follow these steps.

1. Create a "when a new email arrives in a shared mailbox" trigger. Choose the folder you want to move the email TO, them "peek" the code, and copy the folder ID. It will look like the line below. 

Id::AAMkADM2MjI2MzdlLTc5YzQtNGYzZi04NDcyLWE0YjQzOWE3ZDBhNwAuAAAAAADGkUJm6H9rRqUT0KYPnDgxAQDsVdTvtJFJSYotPCsdtMTVAAAAAE7QAAA

Once you have the ID, simply paste it into the folder name of the move email activity. Make sure you include the "Id::" . 

It will end up looking like this, but it actually does work. 

despich_0-1640795601112.png

I also hate the way this Post is marked as solved with a generic "you can't do that". It's not solved at all.

Hi @despich ,

your approach is too complicated IMHO. You do not need to use the folder ID.

Just make sure that the field "Original Mailbox Address" is populated with the shared mailbox address and select any folder from the list in the "Folder" field.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Despich,

how do you "peek" the code of the folder ID?

Clee
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

Thank you for all the replies.

I just had another go in setting up the flow, and it seems to work now.

When I chose the below flow, I can actually specify the Shared Mailbox address.  Once that's input, I can see the folders under the shared emailbox.  

Clee_0-1645809003631.png

VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Clee , it seems that's exactly what I've suggested....

Yes, I'm just confirming it.  Thank you!  🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,072)