Post Prodigy

Using content of a text file to trigger "do until"

hi everyone, 

i have a txt file that looks like (header and below are names):

Username

Jack

John

Jane

i need to read this in some way so i can send the individual users a message... before i had a csv file where i simply counted the length of the text, figured out where the semicolon is and with each loop I took one name etc... now that i don't have a separator i cant do this, but i also think that the process i used is not super efficient... what would be the best practice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paulie78
Super User
Super User

You can achieve what you want to do by splitting the text file on a CRLF. I just tried it out and it works fine. See my flow:

Split-TextFile.png

Obviously in your case the input would be your text file where I used a variable. The compose action creates the array which you can then loop through easily.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Paulie78
Super User
Super User

You can achieve what you want to do by splitting the text file on a CRLF. I just tried it out and it works fine. See my flow:

Split-TextFile.png

Obviously in your case the input would be your text file where I used a variable. The compose action creates the array which you can then loop through easily.

very nice and elegant solution!

Thanks, glad it helped.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (5,491)