cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Using form response to update a SharePoint list?

I have a SharePoint list that can be updated using a form. One of the form fields is to enter in the primary key and then another field to update the SharePoint list. 

If there's a key match, then it should update the list. If there's not a key match, I want for an email to be sent to the form responder saying that the key they entered does not match anything on the SharePoint list. 

The filter query doesn't work the way I have it set up because it doesn't do anything if the query returns null. I've tried setting up the condition where if the query returns null it goes to If No, but maybe I messed up the syntax, that didn't seem to work either. 

Any help you can provide is appreciated! 

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Using form response to update a SharePoint list?

Hi @trk_0930 there are a couple of ways that you can test to see if it exists or not. I've done two videos on YouTube, the first uses Filter array, and the second uses the filter query. Have a quick look and see if they help you out:

Filter Array Method: https://youtu.be/YLqMiDubA7s

Filter Query Method: https://youtu.be/x6QcntAs2_0

I hope that helps

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution!
If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Leader: Black Country PowerApps & Flow User Group

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @trk_0930 

The flow looks right to me except where you are implementing the filter query and adding the condition as well. You just need one right? Can you run the flow with the filter query and check what is the list items that is returned? 

In this you can then have a condition to check the length of the returned list from Sharepoint and if that is 0, create a new item and if not then update the item. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Frequent Visitor

@yashag2255 

When I don't filter the query, it seems like the apply to each is testing the condition for each item in SharePoint.

For example, if I had four items in the SP list, and one matches from the form, then it'll update the item where the key matches but still send three emails saying how the title doesn't match. Do you know any way to get around that?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @trk_0930 there are a couple of ways that you can test to see if it exists or not. I've done two videos on YouTube, the first uses Filter array, and the second uses the filter query. Have a quick look and see if they help you out:

Filter Array Method: https://youtu.be/YLqMiDubA7s

Filter Query Method: https://youtu.be/x6QcntAs2_0

I hope that helps

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution!
If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Leader: Black Country PowerApps & Flow User Group

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@MattWeston365 these solutions worked perfectly, it was exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,149)