cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Glaz
Regular Visitor

Using power automate to update sharepoint list columns from excel table but some data went missing

Hi,

I have an excel table with many columns but i mainly only need the ID column and the Sector column.

My objective is to create a flow using power automate to lookup the excel table ID column and match the ID column in Sharepoint List, then update the sharepoint Sector Column with the excel table Sector column data.

Note: the sharepoint list has many other columns which i do not want to update. These value are be left as-is.

My flow ran successfully and the sharepoint sector column was updated. However some sharepoint list columns values which used to have data had its data value removed.

Has anyone encounter this strange behaviour? Is this a bug? Anyway to overcome this issue? Really appreciate any help that could be rendered. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Glaz
Regular Visitor

Just an update. The issue seems to have resolved after i redo the excel table in a new sheet. 

Manage to run the flow successfully, requires columns are updated and there no data from unrelated columns were removed. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Glaz 

What is the type of these columns?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

Hi Mira,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The fields that had its original data removed from the Sharepoint list were numbers, currency and date field type.

some of the same field type remains with data and its puzzling.

Rgs

Glaz

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Glaz 

Can you check if these fields that disappeared have default values set to it on sharepoint?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

@Mira_Ghaly 

Nope there is no default values for these fields in sharepoint list column. For example, when i click on add new item directly from the sharepoint list, what shows up are just empty fields for user input.

Glaz
Regular Visitor

Glaz_0-1618977650526.jpeg

Glaz
Regular Visitor

Just an update. The issue seems to have resolved after i redo the excel table in a new sheet. 

Manage to run the flow successfully, requires columns are updated and there no data from unrelated columns were removed. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (62,738)