cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

VSTS: trigger 'when work item is updated' not working

Hello,

I have problems building a Microsoft Flow that notifcates me about a updated work item in VSTS (or a new one being created).

Somehow I do not manage to get the Flow running.

To check the conneection to my VSTS I created a flow that creates a new work item which works very well.

Here is my flow to create a new work item (working):

creating bug - working flow

The following flow gives me a big headache. What am I doing wrong to check if a Work Item got updated?

Do I miss any steps?

check for work item update - not working

Thank you for any help!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: VSTS: trigger 'when work item is updated' not working

Hi NiklasGERMAN,

The trigger “When a work item is updated” will trigger a flow when a work item which matches provided criteria is updated. So please make sure you have updated the work item of the project you have specified in the flow.

Please take this doc to get more details about the triggers and actions of VSTS:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/visualstudioteamservices/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Following on the reported issue, I'm having kind of the same problem. For instance, if I modify and existing WorkItem, then wait a minute or so, I get the trigger in Flow. Problem happens when I modifiy more than 1 work item within a short period of time, for instance I modifity one, save, then search for another, modify it and save. Everytime the Trigger misses one of the 2 updates. It's like there can only be one update in a given period of time.

I managed to find a workaround by beeing flexible in the update so I can kind of force an update on Flow by modifying the Work Item when I want to force it. I noticed the same issue with the Work Item Created trigger. It's a real problem to me which makes the flowing process unreliable.

For the record and only specified the Account Name and the Project Name for the trigger, nothing else. Got any idea of what might be happening? Thanks

Highlighted

Same problem as reported. Some triggers are captured, others are not (not even with a delay). Unreliable service. 

Highlighted

Same thing here, sometimes it works, also with multiple changes in a short timespan, sometimes nothing triggers. Not stable.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,622)