cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
NiklasGERMAN
New Member

VSTS: trigger 'when work item is updated' not working

Hello,

 

I have problems building a Microsoft Flow that notifcates me about a updated work item in VSTS (or a new one being created).

Somehow I do not manage to get the Flow running.

 

To check the conneection to my VSTS I created a flow that creates a new work item which works very well.

 

Here is my flow to create a new work item (working):

 

creating bug - working flow

 

The following flow gives me a big headache. What am I doing wrong to check if a Work Item got updated?

Do I miss any steps?

 

check for work item update - not working

 

Thank you for any help!

4 REPLIES 4
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi NiklasGERMAN,

 

The trigger “When a work item is updated” will trigger a flow when a work item which matches provided criteria is updated. So please make sure you have updated the work item of the project you have specified in the flow.

 

Please take this doc to get more details about the triggers and actions of VSTS:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/visualstudioteamservices/


Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Following on the reported issue, I'm having kind of the same problem. For instance, if I modify and existing WorkItem, then wait a minute or so, I get the trigger in Flow. Problem happens when I modifiy more than 1 work item within a short period of time, for instance I modifity one, save, then search for another, modify it and save. Everytime the Trigger misses one of the 2 updates. It's like there can only be one update in a given period of time.

 

I managed to find a workaround by beeing flexible in the update so I can kind of force an update on Flow by modifying the Work Item when I want to force it. I noticed the same issue with the Work Item Created trigger. It's a real problem to me which makes the flowing process unreliable.

 

For the record and only specified the Account Name and the Project Name for the trigger, nothing else. Got any idea of what might be happening? Thanks

Nickolas
New Member

Same problem as reported. Some triggers are captured, others are not (not even with a delay). Unreliable service. 

flupkede
New Member

Same thing here, sometimes it works, also with multiple changes in a short timespan, sometimes nothing triggers. Not stable.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,865)