Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omelo
Frequent Visitor

Validate an employee email on a MS Forms

Hi,

Here is the scenario.

I created a MS Form that is to be filled out by the public before attending a meeting.

The form has a drop-down list of employees. The (employee) meeting organizer  will need to receive a notification when the response is submitted.

We do have over 800 employees, so the MS form drop down is very long and there is no searching functionality.

So, I'm thinking that I could add a text type question instead of a drop-down. I'm anticipating there will be a lot of misspelling errors and the meeting organizer won't get the email because their name is not valid.

Does someone know if there is a way a flow could validate that the name entered on the text type is a valid employee name?

or if there is a different suggestion on how I could accomplish this and make it user friendly for the public?

Power app is not an option as this is for public access. 

Thank you for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
Rahber
Super User II
Super User II

If you are looking to validate the name before the form is submitted that is currently not possible.

Power Automate you can validate the name only after the form has been submitted using Microsoft Forms. So the better approach is to have a drop down with all the names.

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,

Rahber

omelo
Frequent Visitor

Thank you,

You mentioned that Flow can validate the name after the response is submitted.

I've done some research and don't find how to accomplish this.

Do you mind helping me with the flow, I know that a variable needs to be done but so far I'm not having any success.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (90,451)