cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Variables when sending e-mail from Power Automate

How can I insert variables for e-mail addresses into a flow?    I want to use a text string for the addresses, but would prefer to have them in a variable.  (There actually will be several e-mails sent to the same recipients and I want to avoid needing a whole new set of e-mail actions for each set of recipients.  Is 'Initialize variable' correct?  Do I need a 'compose' step, or a 'set variable' or something?

I have this, but it doesn't work:   

Annotation 2020-04-26 211524.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Power Participant
Power Participant

Please show expanded "Send an email (V2)" action.

Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Anonymous 

You can add variable text as ling as it is a string and emails are separated by ';' Click on the arrow as shown below to switch to select dynamic content: 

vc.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

In this display, I'm trying to show that I want to use the variable, "email_addresses", in the 'Send and email (V2) 5  'To' field.

However, this is not available to me in dynamic content, where I only see "email_request", which is a different field that I'd used elsewhere.

The value of email_addresses will be used to send e-mails to bob@gmail.com and mary@aol.com this time.  But if I get the variable concept to work, I'll be inserting a condition so at other times I'll only be sending the mail to only Bob, and not Mary. 

sshot_flow.png

Try to place in the To: field  the following:

@variables('email_addresses')

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (11,871)