cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

View Returned Data from Actions?

Hello,

I am new to Flow and trying to figure out how to build custom variables using data gathered from actions within the Flow. I have learned several lanugages previously (Powershell, PHP, learning Python, etc.). 

What is driving me batty is that I can't find a way to view the data returned from the actions in Flow.

For instance, I am currently trying to setup a Sharepoint to Dropbox copy using relative pathing on both sides. I need to be able to use custom variables to properly create the relative pathing.  I know I can get the file properties eaisyly, such as running the Sharepoint action "Get file properties", but I don't have a way to see what returned by that action. Is there a way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Re: View Returned Data from Actions?

Hi @BigTex73 

If you look at the run history and click on a run, it will show you the data returned from the actions (you would have to open each action to look at it)

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @BigTex73 

If you look at the run history and click on a run, it will show you the data returned from the actions (you would have to open each action to look at it)

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Well, I don't think I would have thought to look there. Thanks for the help, that got me what I needed. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,722)