cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MelissaReed
Advocate II
Advocate II

Want to trigger an instant workflow on a View-Only SP List

Is it possible to run an Instant Workflow on a Sharepoint list or item to which the user has only View/Read permission?

I have a custom Sharepoint list used to collect feedback from users.

The list is view-only because I don't want users to be able to directly update list columns.  

The workflow provides a controlled way to collect the data and update the list (as well as a few other tasks).

In "Manage Run-Only Permissions" I shared with my list, running under my (Owner) credentials.

Now my "generic" users who have View/Read only permission on this list cannot run the workflow.

The workflow triggered/ran fine until I changed permission List permission to View.    

So how do I make it possible for generic users to execute the workflow without giving them edit permission on the list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jinivthakkar
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@MelissaReed Unfortunately that's not possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jinivthakkar
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@MelissaReed Unfortunately that's not possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,083)