cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

We need a trigger when a new task is added to onenote

I'm using flows and it would be great if everytime i create a task within OneNote I can make it send that task to Wunderlist or to Outlook Tasks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: We need a trigger when a new task is added to onenote

Hi CPSoquet,

Per my certain knowledge of OneNote, I don’t find a button for creating a Task.

Do you mean create a task on a page/section or anything else? Could you show me more details about Task?

About the trigger for OneNote, currently we have three triggers for OneNote, looks like below:

1.png

If you are creating a task on Page/Section, you could consider to use one of these triggers according to your needs.

Please feel free reply if I misunderstand you.

PS: Please submit issues about Flow at Flow Forum, the reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Can we move this TO Flow Forum? I greatly appreciate the help. The problem is that if i'm in a meeting and we are coming up with ideas i'd like to create the tasks in OneNote (cmd+1) and have those go to Wunderlist. The three options you presented would mean i'd have to create a brand new page for every task and that would make my OneNote very convoluted. I'm brand new to OneNote so maybe i'm doing something wrong and you can help me do it right.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi CPSoquet,

I have moved your thread from PowerApps Forum to Flow General Discussion at here:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/We-need-a-trigger-when-a-new-task-is-add...

If you are trying to use OneNote, currently it seems that you will have to create a brand new page for every task. As currently we only have the triggers about “When a new page is created” or “When a new section is created”.

I have seen a similar request on Flow Ideas Forum about “Onenote - Editing a Page in a Section”, please vote and comment the idea at here:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Onenote-Editing-a-Page-in-a-Section/idi-p/24513

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi @CPSoquet - by tasks, do you mean tagging a value as a "to-do" or something similar? If so these are exposed through the OneNote API but not leveraged by our connector today, please add an idea on the forum for us to prioritize the addition!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,904)