Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Web Scraping Documentation

Hi all,

Can anyone provide any documentation or tutorials on web scraping?

I would like to be able to go to Amazon, enter an author, and then scape key fields from each entry on the book list.

Power BI has a Web Scraping by example capability, but it has constraints in that it cant click on  to the next page.

Other RPA products have capabilities to do this 'by example' ...and both click on to the next page AND click into each individual page...I was wondering if UI path had any of this functionality currently.

Gerald

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @ghdunn 

So Ui Flows in Power Automate use Selenium as an extension to record web/ browser based UI Flows. You might want to check how to scrape data from a web page using selenium and be able to replicate that with the UI Flows. As about documentation, there is no documentation in place as of now to outline a step by step approach to what you have mentioned. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @ghdunn 

So Ui Flows in Power Automate use Selenium as an extension to record web/ browser based UI Flows. You might want to check how to scrape data from a web page using selenium and be able to replicate that with the UI Flows. As about documentation, there is no documentation in place as of now to outline a step by step approach to what you have mentioned. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

interestingly, selenium seems to kick off a script in amazon which just hangs and I haven't been able to find a solution to that,

but the general point about selenium being the 'engine' of RPA is useful to know...thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (11,184)