cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheJoeFletch
Frequent Visitor

WebCal New Event / Entry trigger to Microsoft To-Do

TL,DR; Any suggestions / tips to use a WebCal URL as a trigger in a Flow?

Background: My 3 children use Schoology for their online learning. They get assignments through this application, but the problem with this is that they have to go to multiple places to get this list and they cannot check off the assignments when they are completed (they just stay in their list after they have submitted and completed the item). 

Schoology provides a WebCal link to see all of these assignments in a calendar feed and I would like to take all of these entries and add them to Microsoft To-Do and allow the use of the functionality there. Power Automate does not allow for the usage of WebCal links from what I can see. So my idea was to put the WebCal in Google Calendar, use the Google Calendar trigger When an event is added to a calendar to create a Microsoft To-Do entry with Add a to-do (V2). The problem is that Power Automate does not see new entries with the Google Calendar trigger When an event is added to a calendar.

In troubleshooting this, I changed the source of the Google Calendar to one that is manually maintained, created a Google event and Power Automate was able to create a To-Do list entry. So I know that the Flow is working, it is just that the trigger does not fire for the WebCal.

Any suggestions / tips to use a WebCal URL as a trigger in a Flow?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,544)