cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weekly e-mail ms flow based on a criteria sharepoinst list

Hi everyone,

I would like to send an e-mail every 2 weeks to a specific group of colleagues. I build a view in a sharepoint list based on the filter of [Me] and the status 'open' and 'in progress'. So every colleague that opens this list can only see their own tasks if they have tasks with the status open and/or in progress. Now I want to create a e-mail that only send this 2 weekly e-mail to the members who have a task with the status open or in progress.

The idea is that only members who need to take action on their task receives an e-mail.

Is there anyone who can help me?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NaomiLeoni,

Could you please show a bit more about your SharePoint list?

Do you want to send this 2 weekly email to a group which includes the members who has a task with the status open or in progress?

When you send an email to a group, all the members of it would receive this email. There is no way to determine which member of the group could receive this email in Microsoft Flow currently. You could consider create a custom column to store these colleagues in SharePoint list.

I have created a SharePoint list on my side and the structure of data as below:

TaskName Single line of text

Colleagues Person or Group

Status Choice (Open and in progress)

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add Recurrence trigger, Interval set to 2, Frequency set to Week.
  • Add “Get items” action, specify Site Address and List Name.
  • Add “Apply to each”. Input parameter set to output of “Get items” action.
  • Within “Apply to each”, add a Condition, click “Edit in advanced mode”, type the following formula:
@or(equals(items('Apply_to_each')?['Status']?['Value'], 'Open'),equals(items('Apply_to_each')?['Status']?['Value'], 'In Progress'))
  • Within “If/yes” branch, add “Send an email” action.

Image reference:12.JPG

13.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:14.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NaomiLeoni,

Could you please show a bit more about your SharePoint list?

Do you want to send this 2 weekly email to a group which includes the members who has a task with the status open or in progress?

When you send an email to a group, all the members of it would receive this email. There is no way to determine which member of the group could receive this email in Microsoft Flow currently. You could consider create a custom column to store these colleagues in SharePoint list.

I have created a SharePoint list on my side and the structure of data as below:

TaskName Single line of text

Colleagues Person or Group

Status Choice (Open and in progress)

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add Recurrence trigger, Interval set to 2, Frequency set to Week.
  • Add “Get items” action, specify Site Address and List Name.
  • Add “Apply to each”. Input parameter set to output of “Get items” action.
  • Within “Apply to each”, add a Condition, click “Edit in advanced mode”, type the following formula:
@or(equals(items('Apply_to_each')?['Status']?['Value'], 'Open'),equals(items('Apply_to_each')?['Status']?['Value'], 'In Progress'))
  • Within “If/yes” branch, add “Send an email” action.

Image reference:12.JPG

13.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:14.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,705)