cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andythefirst
Level: Powered On

Weekly flow from list to excel

Hi,

Quick question I just want to know if something is possible.

I have a excel document and i want it to be updated by a Flow from my sharepoint list depending on if two columns give back the answer Yes.  If they do I want the data for the whole row in the list to be put onto the Excel document.

I would like this to run once a week.

Is this possible?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Weekly flow from list to excel

@Andythefirst -

Hi there!  Totally possible and probably a few different ways to do it.  As a beginner, I'd do a recurrence trigger, then get the items on the SP list (filtering either with an OData filter, or Condition step in Flow), and then add those lines to your Excel sheet (I think the rows will need to be in a table...not sure if that matters to you or not).

Also, I'd think about adding a column in your SP list to indicate if the row has already been copied or not. Then add a step in your Flow to change that field once the row is in Excel.  There's probably a better way to do that, but that's the way I know 🙂

Good luck!  Keep us posted.

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

@Andythefirst -

Hi there!  Totally possible and probably a few different ways to do it.  As a beginner, I'd do a recurrence trigger, then get the items on the SP list (filtering either with an OData filter, or Condition step in Flow), and then add those lines to your Excel sheet (I think the rows will need to be in a table...not sure if that matters to you or not).

Also, I'd think about adding a column in your SP list to indicate if the row has already been copied or not. Then add a step in your Flow to change that field once the row is in Excel.  There's probably a better way to do that, but that's the way I know 🙂

Good luck!  Keep us posted.

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

Andythefirst

Thanks @edgonzales ,

I will look into it now and come back when I have problems which I have no doubt I will have.  Just wanted to double check it was possible before I started it in case I was just wasting my time

Thanks

Andythefirst

Hi @edgonzales ,

It is sort of working so far.  My main problem seems to be for a comments box it comes out like below instead of just saying the comments.  Any ideas why it's got all the extra stuff and not just Please book back to quote engineer?

Also is it possible once it's been copied into the Excel Table to delete the line from the list?

Thanks

Andy

<div class="ExternalClassF0927354DDBE4C43B45781536FEB97DF"><p>​Please book back to quote engineer.<br></p></div>

Super User
Super User

Update - The Convert HTML to Text should work with the dynamic value.  Insert a step prior to inserting the rows "Convert HTML to Text" and use that comments field as the value.  Then in your Insert Row step, replace the Comments from the SP List with the output of the Convert HTML step.  Sound good?

@Andythefirst Those are HTML tags.  I'm not certain how to dynamically strip those off.  There is a function to "Convert HTML to Text" but it looks like that just converts the tags to plain text, as well.

I'll dig around a bit to see if there's a way to strip those off automatically, but keep us posted if you find anything.

-Ed-

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 342 members 5,795 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: