cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mattw112IG
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

What SLAs for triggers does Microsoft guarentee?

I'm curious if there's documentation anywhere that says how long it will take a trigger to notice a change.  Specifically with a new record being created in Dynamics.

Thanks,

Terry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Deprecated is probably too strong a word.  But this is a note from the Dynamics 365 connector documentation.

screenshot.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

To the best of my knowledge the new Polling limits are 5 minutes for all licenses except the Flow Free license.  But I can't find any documentation that lists the Polling timing.  But my experience has been that it always fires in 5 minutes or less.

Mattw112IG
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

So I actually created a Microsoft support ticket because I was getting anywhere from 15 min triggers at the fastest to an hour and a half triggers and missed triggers and an average of about 45 min triggers on Dynamics when a new record is created.

They told me they have it documented that "In rare circumstances it can take up to two hours" for the dynamics trigger to run!?!  I tried to point out to them that this is not "Rare" it is happening every time and I reproduced it for them.

But in their minds that is justification for this poor service.

Anyway, I recreated using CDS instead of Dynamics for the trigger.  They said that should be nearly instant.

I just did this last night, so not sure if it'll work or not but...

The weird thing is their particular flow I have had running for 10 months with no issues, just last week started getting this issue, along with a couple others.  For example the flows are extremely slow to open in editing mode and in editing mode extremely slow to even populate or pull up the field picker??  Also my copy to clipboard and paste no longer works.  It copies tot he clip board but when I paste it into that flow or a different flow it breaks the other flow, complete kills dynamics/CDS connections where ever stuff is pasted.  I've tested not only with dynamics but also even simple variables or anything.

I wonder if they pushed something in last week or two that is making this happen? Maybe they want to force everyone over to CDS?

Terry

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I did some more checking with someone on the product team.  The CDS connector is a Webhook trigger not a polling trigger.  Taht means it will respond as quickly as possible, but there is no polling timing.  So it all depends on how busy the system is.

I was also going to ask whether you were using the deprecated Dynamics connector or the CDS trigger.  I would agree with what you did.  You should be using the CDS connector.

Mattw112IG
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Thanks!

I didn't know Dynamics trigger was "Depreciated"?  Good to know.

Terry

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Deprecated is probably too strong a word.  But this is a note from the Dynamics 365 connector documentation.

screenshot.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (20,220)