cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft
Microsoft

What counts as a "Run"

Hi,

If permitted 15000 runs per month, how is a run counted? I've set up a flow, and by default it checks if ther trigger has been met every minute. I can't seem to change the frequency. Based on every time the a trigger is satifified, and it executes the full flow, I would expect to come in around 100 runs per month on my flow.

However, in the activitiy, my statuses are either "Skipped" or "Succeeded" or "Failed." Do "Skipped" status count as runs? If that's the case, how do I change frequency? I'd be through my alotted 15k in about 1/3 of a month.

From the response here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Forum/How-Flow-counts-executions/m-p/10061/highlight/true#M... , I think "Skipped" counts against my allotted runs. Any clarification?

Surpised I haven't found more clear definitions of how a run is consumed, and no clear way to modify how often a trigger is checked.

Thanks for the clarification.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: What counts as a "Run"

The first thing in your Flow, the Trigger, needs to pass before a run is "counted".

So, if a Trigger is skipped (e.g. the Flow system runs check mail but no email is received), it should not count. However, if the Trigger fires then you have a separate step that checks for a conditional (e.g. does Body contain "John"), then if an email is received and later Condition returns false (no "John" in the Body), then the Flow you defined might not do anything, but that would count as a run since the Trigger (new email received) was satisfied.

If you are seeing anything that contradicts this, please share your Flow ID and we can take a look and see if the count is misbehaving for whatever reason.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: What counts as a "Run"

The first thing in your Flow, the Trigger, needs to pass before a run is "counted".

So, if a Trigger is skipped (e.g. the Flow system runs check mail but no email is received), it should not count. However, if the Trigger fires then you have a separate step that checks for a conditional (e.g. does Body contain "John"), then if an email is received and later Condition returns false (no "John" in the Body), then the Flow you defined might not do anything, but that would count as a run since the Trigger (new email received) was satisfied.

If you are seeing anything that contradicts this, please share your Flow ID and we can take a look and see if the count is misbehaving for whatever reason.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,382)