cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Plinderoth
Frequent Visitor

What does "Standard and Premium Connectors included only when in context of Office 365 or Dynamics" really mean?

Hi,

I am trying to get a grip of the licensing of HTTP connectors in PA. I know they are classified as premium but for O365 licensing the following information is included on the page Understanding Power Platform Licensing (section named Seeded Power Automate)

Standard and Premium Connectors included only when in context of Office 365 or Dynamics

Can anyone please try to explain to me what that means?

4 REPLIES 4
Rahber
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Power Automate use within Office 365 is limited to the context of the embedding Office 365 application.
For both triggers and actions, flows included within the Office 365 application can connect to:

• Any data source within the use rights of the Office 365 application
• Directly with the Office 365 application (via built in trigger/action)

Same is the case for Dynamics 365

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,

Rahber

Does this mean that for example the HTTP connectors can be used if they are only used together with O365 connectors included in our O365 license?

Does this mean that the Word (online) connector can be used as long as we only use other O365 connectors in the same flow?

Hi @Plinderoth that wording is really confusing.

Effectively, anything that has a premium tag against it requires either a per-user or a per-process license assigned in order to use it. Adding a premium connector into your flow will automatically prompt to start a free trial.

Agree, the wording is very confusing. I wonder if Microsoft even know themselves what they mean by that. I was hoping that someone here had a good explanation.

I have reached out to our MS contact, let's see what we get back.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (1,800)