cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamPo
Power Participant
Power Participant

What happened to the colours in expressions?

Hi All,

A while ago we used to have colours when writing expressions that would show us different formats and sections of an expression such when using an integer or defining a string or date format.

This was incredibly helpful when writing long formulas to keep you on track.

It seems though this has disappeared over the last couple of months and now everything is just grey, anyone know why or when we can expect to see it back?

I'm using Chrome and Edge Dev (Chromium) if that's relevant.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If that's the only way forward then that is what I shall do.

Idea opened here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Bring-Back-Expression-Colours/idi-p/416425#...

@Tom_Slosse Any help pushing this up would be greatly appreciated!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SamPo ,

Yes, currently edit the expression in the Expression tab, the corresponding function or the inserted string will not have a colour to distinguish.

Please consider posting your suggestion on the ideas forum, if you want to improve this feature:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-bacao-msft Hi Barry,

My question was why was it removed and when can we expect to see it back? (If this was at all intentional?)

I'm not going to post an idea on the forum about a feature that was already part of the platform.

Sam

Hey @v-bacao-msft 

We want to know why it was removed, or why it doesn't show up anymore.

Kind regards

Tom

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered.

Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Hi @Tom_Slosse ,

I'm afraid I don't know this information either, so I recommend submitting suggestions on the Ideas forum to get the attention of PG and explain related updates.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If that's the only way forward then that is what I shall do.

Idea opened here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Bring-Back-Expression-Colours/idi-p/416425#...

@Tom_Slosse Any help pushing this up would be greatly appreciated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,319)