Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

What happens to the Team flow if the user who creates the flow left the company

Hi Guys,

I've a question before creating the flow.

Ex:

• If John Doe creates the flow and share the flow with another user Vanessa.
  • And after 1 year If John Doe lefts the company does the flow continues to work? as it was a Team flow ? 

Please advise ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Re: What happens to the Team flow if the user who creates the flow left the company

@skolisetti 

Hey Mate,

A flow turns into an orphaned flow when it does not have a valid owner anymore. This often happens when the creator or owner of the flow has left the organization and there is no co-owner. If the flow uses connections that require authentication, then it may start failing because the user identity is not valid anymore.

Admins can maintain continuity on the business process automated by the flow by adding one or more co-owners to it. Co-owners basically have full control over the flow just like the original owner, and can fix authentication for connections if any and enable the flow if it has been disabled.

Reference article https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4556130/manage-flow-when-owner-leaves-organization 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Re: What happens to the Team flow if the user who creates the flow left the company

@skolisetti 

The best approach is to create any flows inside a solution

Navigate to: make.powerapps.com 

Create a solution and Create the flows from inside the solution, this will enable you to move it across environments and will not be tied to a single user.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I'm sorry i'm asking about the flows not the Power apps.
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@skolisetti 

Hey Mate,

A flow turns into an orphaned flow when it does not have a valid owner anymore. This often happens when the creator or owner of the flow has left the organization and there is no co-owner. If the flow uses connections that require authentication, then it may start failing because the user identity is not valid anymore.

Admins can maintain continuity on the business process automated by the flow by adding one or more co-owners to it. Co-owners basically have full control over the flow just like the original owner, and can fix authentication for connections if any and enable the flow if it has been disabled.

Reference article https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4556130/manage-flow-when-owner-leaves-organization 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Really appreciate . Thanks Fernandes.

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@skolisetti I was glad to be of help; you’re welcome. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (6,670)