cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

What happens to the flow if flow owner leave the organisation and the flow has been shared with service account(Co-owner)

Hi  All,

I have created many flows ,so i become the creator and owner of the flows.

And all my flows are shared with Service account(Co-owner) and all the connections used in the flow are running on service account.

What if my account is disabled or i move out of the organisation. Is there any effect on flows since i am the creator of flow.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Re: What happens to the flow if flow owner leave the organisation and the flow has been shared with service account(Co-owner)

Hi @RaviM ,

Your Flow will continue to run as long as it is a Team flow and shared with that service account. Good practice sharing with a service account! I do the same.

-------------------------------------------

Please accept this as a solution if this was helpful to you and solved your issue.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: What happens to the flow if flow owner leave the organisation and the flow has been shared with service account(Co-owner)

Anyone from Microsoft team please comment,

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @RaviM 

Flows which were created by a deleted/disabled user will get removed even if they have enabled co-owners. Please clone the flows with your service account before this happens.

Best regards,

Miguel

CSS Support Engineer - Powerapps and Flow

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Wanted to provide update that this is by design, the tenant and/or environment admin can take over the flow and assign new owners. the flow won't be disabled. the flows will start failing if the user credentials become invalid, which happen when the user is disabled in AAD or the tenant admin revokes their sessions.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

FYI, in the flow, all the actions are running on the co-owner credentials( service account) who is not a creator of the flow, I am asking if the creator(XYZ user) account gets disabled or deleted is there any impact on the flow

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,621)