cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leo85
Super User
Super User

What happens when the flow limit of a tenant is exceeded? Do users get an error message?

Hi,

if our tenant exceeds the number of flows available in our licence what happens?

According to this threat the run of flows is suspended until the next billing cycle, but there is no information what the response of suspention is. Is there an error message to the user, to the admin or to both?

Regards,

Leo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The post you reference says that your runs "MAY" be suspended.  When asking this question of members on the product team their comment was that there is no automatic process that suspends Flow runs when you exceed your quota. But it will raise a report.  IF it happens frequently for several months then Microsoft may require you to purcahse additional capacity.  If you don't then they reserve the right to stop your Flows if the quota is exceeded.

Just to point out, the quota is now an agregate for the entire tenant.  According to MS almost no one overruns their quota limit for the tenant. If you do exceed it accidentally then nothing will happen immediately. But if you do it repeatedly, which implies intentional overuse, then MS will intervene.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The post you reference says that your runs "MAY" be suspended.  When asking this question of members on the product team their comment was that there is no automatic process that suspends Flow runs when you exceed your quota. But it will raise a report.  IF it happens frequently for several months then Microsoft may require you to purcahse additional capacity.  If you don't then they reserve the right to stop your Flows if the quota is exceeded.

Just to point out, the quota is now an agregate for the entire tenant.  According to MS almost no one overruns their quota limit for the tenant. If you do exceed it accidentally then nothing will happen immediately. But if you do it repeatedly, which implies intentional overuse, then MS will intervene.

Thanks for the fast reply.

That means that before flow runs are suspended, we would receive some other form of communication by Microsoft indicating that we are exceeding our flow runs?

That is what I was told the current procedure was.  Having said that, you can check where you are against your quota using the Flow Admin center.  So you'll know at any point whether you are even close to exceeding your limit.  Since its an aggregate against licenses purchased most tenants never even approach the quota.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,206)