cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
becca51180
Helper I
Helper I

What is the limit for getting email attachments?

I have a colleague who is trying to use PowerAutomate to process hundreds of attachments at a time. What is the limit? Some days they process 30 and some days they process 500 or even more, I am not sure. 

I tried setting up a PowerAutomate that would move the files into a daily folder, but some days it works and some days it lags behind. One Email ran on 10/1, but it didn't hit the folder until 10/2. I tried putting a delay on PowerAutomate, but this was before I knew they were running hundreds at a time so I have no idea if my adding the delay has slowed everything down.

Is there a better way to build this? I have a trigger condition for the shared mailbox, I already have the folders for each day. I can't figure out what the issue is. 

becca51180_0-1633394230308.png

becca51180_2-1633394466255.png

1 REPLY 1
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @becca51180 ,

Can you confirm whether:

• The flow stops triggering completely (at a point in time) and resumes the next day and picks up emails from the previous day from the time it stopped triggering
  • The flow stops triggering intermittently i.e. 500 emails come in and 50 or so randomly don't get triggered

There are some limits to the number of connector/actions per 24 hours depending on your performance profile (license) here.

ericcheng_1-1633397541345.png

You can go to Power Platform Admin Centre to view the Analytics to get an idea of the number of calls within a day,  What could be happening is that a backlog of emails from the previous day may be using your limit for the next day.

ericcheng_2-1633397572018.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,474)