cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Russel1

When a file is created, modified, or deleted Sharepoint flow?

I just started using power automate a couple weeks ago so I'm definitely a rookie at this. Anyways, so far my flow looks like the photo attached below. This allows any creation/modification that takes place in Folder A to occur in Folder B, except when you delete the file in Folder A. I would like to add on to my flow to include if a file is deleted in Folder A then the connected file is deleted in Folder B. Any suggestions how I could make the deleting part of this work? Or you can tell me I'm crazy for thinking this is possible! Thanks!

Capture.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@Russel1 

Take a look at the SharePoint When a file is deleted trigger.  I suspect it will meet your needs.

Let me know if you need an example.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
sudharsan1985
Super User
Super User

Hi @Russel1 

There should be 2 flows, created and modified in one and deleted should be an other flow. There is a separate trigger called 'When a file is deleted'.

FileDeleted Trigger.png

Once the file is deleted the above trigger is fired, try to use the action 'Get Files(properties only)' based on the filename from 'Folder A', once received the properties, use the 'File ID' to delete the same file in 'Folder B' by using the action 'Delete File' action.

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves ur clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...
towergr
Frequent Visitor

I realize the thread is a year old but did anyone find a solution? Like the OP, I need a flow to automatically delete from Folder B when manually deleted from Folder A. Created or modified flow is working perfectly but I can't figure out the delete. I've tried other suggestions such as get file metadata and http request to access the Recycle Bin but nothing has worked. Thank you!

@towergr 

The solutions provided above should work.  Use the When a file is deleted trigger.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Here's two of the flows I've tried that are failing:

Using Delete and get metadata from the recycle bin:

towergr_2-1619033934980.png

It fails getting the metadata:

towergr_3-1619034001891.png

And if I try it with get properties:

towergr_4-1619034112182.png

It fails to find the file:

towergr_5-1619034161580.png

Any suggestions?

towergr
Frequent Visitor

SOVLED! I was adding more complexity than necessary. All I need is 'When a file is deleted" and "Delete file". No need to look for metadata or file properties. The Flow is working now. Here's a screenshot:

towergr_0-1619098963758.png

Note in "Delete File", you need to change any "/" in the file identifier path to "%2F" (without the quotes) as the Flow needs JSON format. 

Thanks for the help!

mkipoweruser

Hi, I currently tried to implement that deletion trigger as well. But I get an error message that only Site Collection Admins could use this trigger. Problem is that I am Site Collection Admin. But the message is still occuring. Did somebody face this issue as well?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (23,255)