cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SunilK1990
Level: Powered On

When a new response is created, get date and time of submission in sharepoint list

I have a column date of submission (type: date and time) in my SharePoint list. I want this column to get populated with the date time of form submission using flow

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: When a new response is created, get date and time of submission in sharepoint list

Hi @SunilK1990 just have a date time time column in your SharePoint list and select the form's Submission time from the dynamic content:
SubmissionDateTime.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Super User
Super User

Re: When a new response is created, get date and time of submission in sharepoint list

Hi @SunilK1990 

@RobElliottis what you need but I would like to give you 2 more options in case you're not able to figure it out.

1. Use a formula to insert the date. In the field use the formula "utcNow()". This will provide you the current date and time and it will be saved to SharePoint.

2019-12-27 14_53_43-Window.png

2. Create a default field in the SharePoint column. Something like this. Then you don't even need to fill it in.

2019-12-27 14_54_54-Window.png

Hope any of these help but please mark @RobElliott reply or mine as answered so that people can find it faster.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,872)