cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

When an email is flagged from a shared mailbox, create a planner task

Can someone help me please? 

I want to create a planner task when an email from a shared mailbox is flagged.

6 REPLIES 6
VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

That's just impossible. There is no appropriate trigger for the shared mailbox.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VictorIvanidze What if I have the shared mailbox username and password? 

I do not know. Try to experiment with the ordinary trigger.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sharuk
Helper V
Helper V

hi @Anonymous , hope you can try something with email rules, add a rule whenever an email got flagged move that mail to separate folder, and select the particular folder in shared mailbox trigger 

Hi @Sharuk, as far as I know there is no rule in Outlook that can be triggered when an email is flagged. 

Drogon
Frequent Visitor

I've built this out in Power Automate using the trigger "When an email is flagged". We have the email move to a subfolder in Outlook, then it creates the task in Planner using the subject line and body of the email to populate that task. The key to getting it to work is to create a connection for the shared mailbox (basically just signing in as that mailbox in My Connections). 

Drogon_2-1654192407376.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,968)