cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tosin
Frequent Visitor

When an item is modified (v2) trigger. Flow is not triggering

I have a flow that connects to an SQL database.  Using the Trigger - "When an item is modified (v2)".

The problem is the flow doesn't even trigger even though the:

- Server name is correct

- Database name is correct

- Table name is correct.

PictureX.png

Tosin_1-1637056702414.png

We have another flow that uses the same SQL trigger "When an item is modified (v2)" but for a different database and table name which does get triggered when the corresponding trigger event occurs and it works fine.

So could it be the database itself? I really need help.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I figured it out with some research. That trigger "When an Item is modified" will only work or trigger if the SQL Table in this context has a column that could be called anything. But as a data type of "timestamp".

So In my sql table i need to add a column called anything i.e. "RowVersion" and datatype of "timestamp

Code snippet here:

ALTER TABLE TableName

ADD ColumnName Datatype;

So for me ALTER TABLE abc
ADD RowVersion timestamp;

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Tosin ,

Please be aware about known issues and limitations of the SQL - When an item is modified (V2) action. Does your table meet the RowVersion column condition?

gabibalaban_0-1637057787964.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sql/

Hope it helps !

But I don't understand it works for our other flows which use SQL as a connect and "When an item is modified" as a trigger. 

We get this error when I drill into this particular flows analytics

With error details as Bad Gateway.

Tosin_0-1637059090558.png

@Tosin ,

Let's first solve the problem.

Can you create a rowversion column on your SQL table (use a new created one, not to alter existing data by doing something wrong) ?

I can't edit the table or alter any information as to it's from a 3rd party company.

I figured it out with some research. That trigger "When an Item is modified" will only work or trigger if the SQL Table in this context has a column that could be called anything. But as a data type of "timestamp".

So In my sql table i need to add a column called anything i.e. "RowVersion" and datatype of "timestamp

Code snippet here:

ALTER TABLE TableName

ADD ColumnName Datatype;

So for me ALTER TABLE abc
ADD RowVersion timestamp;

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,287)