cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gerard2
Helper I
Helper I

When an item or file is modified>Condition>Send email with attachments

Hi all, Flow is in the title - I’m wondering how to add attachments to an email. I have done Get file metadata and then Get file content to no avail. Also do I have to attach them to an individual item or can I source them from a folder/library? I don’t want them attached to an individual entry as there are a lot of list items. What would the flow look like. What would I put in Get File Metadata, Get File Content etc Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Gerard2 please check this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kJ7RFIeaOo&t=194s

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks - that definitely helped for single attachments. My issue now is it won't let me attach multiple documents following the video in the link above. 

I tried Get meta data 1, get file content 1 and then again Get meta data 2 and file content 2 but it comes up with an error. I read that an array must be used? Do you know how I would configure the flow in that way?

My flow is below. I have inserted Get file meta data and then Get file content directly after When an items is created or modified. 

I saw this - Advanced | Flow of the Week: Send multiple attachments on a single email | Power Automate Blog (micr... - but seems to be for attachments on an item in a SharePoint list. My documents are not attached to a list but are on a SharePoint site - is there any way of doing this when the attachments are not in a list?

7C6C6510-ABEF-4139-94AF-8872B8B18E4B.jpeg

Cheers,

Gerard 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,183)