cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prez1210

When is a number not a number....

I have an excel table that I'm using to create Tasks in different buckets into MS Planner.  My table has 6 columns labeled:  ID, Paper, Quantity, Due Date, Shift, and Machine.  I want to populate the Shift and Machine fields in the Excel table and then create the tasks into the appropriate bucket (Machine 1, Machine 2, etc).  I hadn't gotten it to work for the longest time until I changed the conditional statement from " is equal to " and then the Shift # to " begins with " and "2" as as string.  Then it worked.

I could just live with it but since I'm just discovering Power Automate I want to be able to use numbers with Power Automate and I would like to understand how to do it.

Please help....

2 REPLIES 2
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@Prez1210  Whether it is number or string it is based on your column type in excel. But you can convert string value into number by using int() function in expression.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Prez1210

Ok.  Thanks for that.  I did try that but I'm guessing I got something wrong with the function as defined.  Could you point me in the general direction of using the int() function.

I admit, I'm a noob to this codework but have worked extensively in other languages.  It must be my age is making me lazy...   🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,352)